The temperature may be getting cooler but the sun is shining and Brisbane is full of fun outdoor activities for everyone!
Get outdoors and start ticking off 13 of the best outdoor things to do.
- Take a very big walk around the 15 kilometre circuit. Start off at South Bank, walking along the Brisbane river and finishing in New Farm. Don't forget to take some water and cash for food along the way!
- Take a free Brisbane Greeters Tour and discover the Brisbane's hidden stories and art trails.
- Take a picnic, throw down a rug and relax under the enormous fig trees at New Farm Park.
- Support our local farmers at the Jan Powers Farmers Markets every Wednesday in the city and every Saturday and Sunday at various locations.
- Get a group together and add some action to your Sunday session and roll a bowl at the Merthyr Bowls Club.
- Cheer on the mighty maroons at Suncorp Stadium with sports events and concerts all year round.
- Hike (or drive) to the top of Mt Coot-tha to watch the sun set or rise over Brisbane. Then chew with a view at the Summit Restaurant or Kuta cafe.
- Wander through the beautiful suburb of Paddington, where more than 130 cottages have been transformed into quirky vintage shops, delicious restaurants and day spas.
- Soar to great heights on the Wheel of Brisbane and see the city in from 60 meters above it.
- Take a ride on the Kookaburra Showboat Cruises for a trip up and down the river. Choose from lunch, dinner, high tea and special event cruises.
- Climb aboard the historic warship HMAS Diamantina at the Queensland Maritime Museum. While you’re there, check out Jessica Watson’s Pink Lady in full repose.
- Star gaze at the Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium. Located within Brisbane's Mt Coot-tha Botanic Gardens the planetarium is home to a 12.5-metre-diameter projection dome. Perfect for kids to enjoy!
- Gear up for a scenic bike ride, with Brisbane Bike Tours. They run three tours that showcase the beauty of the river city.
Inspiration thanks to Blog Queensland '100 things to do in Brisbane' by Hannah Statham.